French Onion Pot RoastCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
2 lb chuck roast
2 large white onions cut into rings
1 cup beef broth
3 tsp minced garlic
8 oz tomato sauce
.5 tsp thyme
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
1 tbs red wine vinegar
Optional cornstarch slurry: 2 tbs cornstarch, 2 tbs water
- Cut onions into rings, set aside.
- Make the sauce in a medium size bowl: Add in the broth, garlic, tomato sauce, thyme, worcestershire and red wine vinegar.
- In the slow cooker, put in half of the onions and half of the sauce.
- Place in your your chuck roast and season with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Add the remainder of the onions and liquid.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- You can serve it as is now, but if you want to thicken the gravy continue on.
- Thickening the gravy (additional 10 – 20 minutes)
- Remove the meat and onions to a separate dish and shred it.
- Set the crockpot on high temp.
- Make a cornstarch slurry by mixing equal parts cornstarch and water in a little bowl and pour it into the broth.
- Stir well and add meat & onions back in.
- continue to cook additional 10 – 20 minutes.
- I ike to serve it over mashed potatoes with a side salad!