Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes – 15 Minute MealCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 lb ground beef
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
8oz white mushroom, diced
2 tbs ketchup
1.5 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup beef broth
1 tbs corn starch
1/4 tsp pepper
6 slices provolone cheese
5 hamburger buns
- To a large skillet over medium heat add the ground beef break the beef up and cook it for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes of cooking add in the diced onion, diced bell pepper, and mushrooms continue to cook until the beef is cooked through.
- Once the ground beef is cooked and vegetables are tender add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper stir to combine the ingredients.
- To the 1 cup of beef broth whisk in the corn starch to create a cornstarch slurry.
- Stir in the beef broth cornstarch slurry. Let simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Place slices of provolone cheese over the top of the sloppy joe mixture cover with lid and let the cheese melt down.
- Optional: While cheese is melting toast the hamburger buns in a skillet with butter until golden in color.
- Generously fill the hamburger buns with the sloppy joe mixture. Enjoy!