Product links may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you love Dorito’s chips, you are going to absolutely love this recipe today. It’s basically centered around them! With taco-seasoned beef, a spicy sour cream layer, lots of cheese, and a Dorito crust, this Dorito Taco Pie is going to be one of your family’s favorite meals. It’s kid approved and every adult is going to love it as well.
Ingredients for Dorito Taco Pie
- ground beef: you could use ground turkey or ground chicken
- taco seasoning: who doesn’t love taco seasoning?
- Nacho Cheese Doritos: this ingredient alone should sell you on this recipe
- Crescent dough: you can find crescent dough in a sheet at most grocery stores, or pinch normal crescent roll dough together to form a sheet
- salsa or taco sauce: use your favorite kind
- sour cream: a delicious creamy layer
- Mexican-style cheese: really any kind of cheese is fine
- butter: because it makes everything better!
How to Make Dorito Taco Pie
Making this Dorito Taco Pie is simple, but yields a delicious result that seems like it took a lot more effort than it did.
First, you’ll start by cooking the ground beef, breaking it up, removing the excess grease, and adding the taco seasoning.
Set the meat aside and start assembling the pie. Unroll the crescent dough in the pie dish, and pinch together any open spaces.
Crush the Doritos with a rolling pin and sprinkle half of them in the bottom of the pie dish, on top of the dough. This will create a yummy Doritos crust!
Add the ground beef on top of the Doritos, then stir together the sour cream and salsa and spread that on top of the ground beef. Layer the cheese on top, then add the remaining Doritos. Drizzle the butter on top of the Doritos. Fold the crescent dough over the filling to create a crust.
Bake for about half an hour, or until the dough is golden. Slice into wedges and serve with your favorite taco toppings like chopped lettuce, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and guacamole.