Bacon Tortellini Alfredo – 15 Minute DinnerCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
7 strips of bacon
2 tbs minced garlic
20oz refrigerated cheese tortellini
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
4oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
1 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
- Cut the bacon into small bite sized pieces
- Add bacon into a skillet over medium heat and cook until crispy. Remove to a plate lined with paper towel and set to the side. Save 1 tbs of the bacon grease in the pan.
- To a large pot of boiling water add the cheese tortellini and cook according to the package instructions. Drain and set to the side.
- In the same skillet you cooked the bacon in whisk the minced garlic in for 20 seconds. Now whisk in the chicken broth. Let simmer for one minute. Whisk in heavy cream and cream cheese. Let simmer and continue to whisk until the cream cheese is well combined.
- Whisk in the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Once the parmesan melts add the cooked drained tortellini and cooked bacon in stir well. Enjoy!