Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed ShellsCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
12 oz frozen Broccoli, steamed
2 cups cooked shredded chicken, (I use rotisserie chicken)
2 1/4 cups parmesan cheese, divided
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
15 oz ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
20 jumbo pasta shells
4 tbs butter
2 tbs flour
2 cups milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbs minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Steam the Broccoli so it becomes tender. Cut into small pieces.
- Add the jumbo shells to a large pot of boiling water and cook according to box directions, drain and set to the side.
- In a large bowl add the broccoli, cooked chicken, 1 cup of parmesan cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper. Set mixture to the side.
- Alfredo sauce: To a skillet over medium heat add the butter, once it’s melted whisk in the flour until it’s a golden color. Slowly whisk in milk and heavy cream bring mixture up to a simmer while whisking frequently. Whisk in parmesan cheese and minced garlic continue to whisk mixture until it thickens.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour one cup of the Alfredo sauce onto the bottom of the baking dish spread it out as even as possible.
- To fill the shells I like to use a cookie scoop to make it easier or you can use a spoon. Scoop a generous amount of the chicken broccoli mixture into each shell, place in baking dish seem side down. Pour remaining Alfredo over the top of the shells sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese over the Alfredo sauce.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes. Enjoy!