Chicken Chow MeinCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: American, ChineseDifficulty: Easy
1 lb chicken breast, thinly sliced
3 tbs olive oil
10oz chow mein noodles or thin spaghetti noodles
2.5 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
3 large carrots, sliced
1 tbs minced garlic
- Chow Mein Sauce
1 tbs cornstarch
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tbs sugar
3 tbs oyster sauce
2 tbs low sodium soy sauce
1 tbs sesame oil
- Start by making the chow mein sauce – To a small mixing bowl whisk the cornstarch and chicken broth together. Now add the sugar, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sesame oil whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions, once cooked drain and set aside.
- To a large pot or pan add 2 tbs of olive oil, once hot add the chicken and cook though. Remove the chicken to a separate plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tbs to the pot or pan you cooked the chicken in, once hot add the carrots, cabbage and garlic sauté for 3-5 minutes or until the cabbage starts to soften.
- Add the cooked chicken, noodles, and chow mein sauce into the pot stir well and let simmer until the sauce thickens. Enjoy with sliced green onions and sesame seeds on top.