Chicken Fried ChickenCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 chicken breasts
1.5 cups vegetable oil
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup breadcrumbs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup buttermilk
1.5 tsp salt
1 large egg
- Marinade the chicken
- Place the chicken breasts into a sealed gallon sized ziplock bag. Using a meat tenderizer (or rolling pin), pound it until its flattened to about 1/2 inch thick. Pat dry and set aside.
- Whisk the marinade ingredients together, add to the chicken in a sealed bag or container. Let it sit for 1 to 2 hours or longer for better flavor. (If you don’t have time to let the chicken marinade you can skip that)
- Once marinating is almost complete, if desired begin making mashed potatoes and gravy to go with the hot fried chicken!
- In a medium bowl, prepare the breading mix. Remove the chicken from the marinade, flip the chicken in the breading until completely covered, really pressing it on.
- In a frying pan, add enough vegetable oil to cover the chicken halfway. Heat oil to about 350 degrees before adding the chicken in.
- Place the chicken in carefully and cook about 5 minutes per side. Place on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any access grease.
- This is enjoyed best with mashed potatoes and brown gravy!