Chicken Tomato & Spinach PastaCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
1/2 pound chicken breasts, cubed
3 tbs olive oil
2 tbs sun-dried tomato oil
1/4 cup drained sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
4 roma tomatoes, diced
8 oz spinach
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbs fresh garlic
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
8 oz spaghetti noodles
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the sun-dried tomatoes and 2 tbs of sun-dried tomato oil.
- Add in the chicken and season with the red pepper flakes and salt. Cook the chicken until completely cooked.
- Begin cooking the pasta according to the package directions in salty water
- Add the chopped tomatoes, fresh basil, spinach and garlic to the saucepan.
- Cook for only 3-5 minutes until spinach has reduced and tomatoes have released the juices. Cover with lid and remove from heat.
- Drain the pasta, then add to the sauce pan. Turn heat back on low, and give it a really good stir. May want to taste and add more salt and pepper and even oil if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!