Chicken with Creamy Garlic SauceCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 lb chicken breast
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup + 3 tbs all purpose flour, divided
4 tbs parmesan cheese + 1/2 cup, divided
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 tbs olive oil
3 tbs butter
3 tbs minced garlic
4 tbs cream cheese
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to make them super thin.
- Add chicken broth to a bowl with the onion powder, thyme, and soy sauce whisk together. Set to the side.
- To a shallow bowl add 1/3 cup of the flour and 4 tbs of the parmesan cheese. Stir together
- Season the chicken on both sides with the Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Coat the chicken on each side with the flour mixture. Shake the excess flour off.
- To a large deep skillet on the stove over medium heat add the oil. Once the oil is hot add the chicken and cook on each side for 5-8 minutes or until cooked through. Remove to a separate plate and set to the side.
- To the same pan you cooked the chicken in add the butter once it melts down add the garlic and stir it around for 20 seconds. Whisk in the 3 tbs of flour for 1-2 minutes. Now slowly whisk in the chicken broth mixture (make sure you whisk it in slowly so no clumps from) continue to whisk frequently and bring up to a simmer. Whisk in the cream cheese and let it melt. Once well combined whisk in the remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. Once the parmesan is melted add back in the chicken to warm through. Serve over mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or rice. Enjoy!