Creamy Chicken Noodle SoupCourse: Main, SoupsDifficulty: Easy
4 stalks celery chopped
4 carrots chopped
1 white onion chopped
1 lb chicken breast
3 tsp minced garlic
6 cups chicken broth
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta noodles
- For the roux
3 tbs butter
1/3 cup flour
- In the crockpot, add in the first ten listed ingredients and give it a good stir.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- To make the roux, remove 2 cups of broth from the crockpot.
- To a small pot, add the butter and let it melt. Once melted add in the flour and whisk flour until golden brown.
- Slowly add in the broth in small increments, whisking between each pour.
- Once the roux is creamy, pour back into slow cooker and stir well.
- Add in the noodles and cook additional 30 minutes on high.
- Remove the chicken and shred it then add back in.
- Stir in heavy whipping cream and its ready to eat!