Creamy Pesto with ChickenCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
1 lb chicken breast
1/2 tsp salt, divided
1/2 tsp pepper, divided
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 white onion, diced
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup basil pesto
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1 tbs cornstarch
1 tbs water
- Optional sides to serve with:
- Cut the chicken breasts in half thin horizontally. Season chicken on both sides with a dash of salt and pepper.
- To a large skillet over medium heat add the oil once the oil is hot add the chicken to the pan cook on each side for 5 minutes or until cooked flipping once. Once the chicken is completely cooked remove to a separate plate cover with aluminum foil and set to the side.
- To the same skillet you cooked the chicken in over medium heat add the diced onion and broth with your spatula scrape the bits off the bottom of the pan and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream, a dash of salt and pepper let simmer stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Stir in pesto, parmesan cheese, and tomatoes let the cheese melt down.
- (For a thicker sauce in a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch and water sitr it into the sauce mixture) It will thicken up immediately.
- Add the cooked chicken back in to the skillet coat it in the sauce and enjoy over egg noodles, rice, or anything you want!