Grits Breakfast Sausage CasseroleCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
6 cups water
2 cups uncooked grits
4 tbs butter
1/2 lb breakfast sausage
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 cup water OR milk
1.5 cups Colby jack cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- To a large pot add the water bring the water up to a boil. Pour grits in the boiling water cover with lid and let simmer for 5 minutes or until most of the liquid has absorbed. Stir in the butter. Set to the side.
- Add sausage to a skillet over medium heat. Break sausage up and cook it through. Stir cooked sausage into the large pot of grits. Stir in all of the seasonings.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl whisk in the water, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into the same pan we cooked the sausage in (there should be enough grease in the pan to cook your eggs, if not grease your pan first) scramble the eggs up and cook them through.
- Add the cooked eggs to the large pot with the grits and sausage. Stir to combine.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Add the grits casserole into the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Enjoy!