Mexican Beef & RiceCourse: MainCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
1 tbs olive oil
1 white onion, diced
1 tbs minced garlic
1 lb ground beef
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
2 tbs tomato paste
2 tbs taco seasoning
Dash salt and pepper
3/4 cup basmati rice
1 1/2 cups beef broth
3/4 cup chunky salsa
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen sweet corn
- In a large pot, heat the oil and saute the onion for about 2 minutes. Add in the beef and garlic and cook completely through until browned. Remove any excess grease.
- Mix in the bell pepper for about a minute.
- Pour in all the remaining ingredients and give it a really good stir.
- Once simmering, cover and keep on a low simmer stirring often, for about 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, jalapeños, lime, sour cream, cheese or anything else you like!