Oven Baked Chicken ParmesanCourse: DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
2 large chicken breasts
2 Tbs olive oil
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup marinara sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
2 tbs minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 450℉
- Slice the chicken in half horizontally and place in sealable bag. Use a meat tenderizer or rolling pin a few time on each piece. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper?
- In a bowl, whisk together the cheese, breadcrumbs, and seasonings. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl.
- Coat a sheet pan with non stick spray.
- Place the chicken in the egg wash, then into the dry mix until entirely covered.
- Place in oven for 25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven, flip and pour a scoop of marinara sauce and a slice of mozzarella cheese on top and bake an additional four minutes, turning the broiler on for the last minute.
- Pairs wonderfully over pasta noodles with a simple house salad and garlic bread!