Pork Chops & Creamy Mushroom SauceCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
4 medium thick pork chops
a dash of salt and pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
3 Tbs unsalted butter
2 tsp olive oil
8oz white mushrooms, sliced
1 small white onion
2 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbs All-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a saucepan over med-hi heat, add 1 Tbs butter and begin melting it. Season both sides of the pork chops with salt & pepper and paprika. Once pan is hot, cook for 3-4 minutes per side until cooked. Set the chops aside and cover to keep warm.
- To the same pan over med heat, add another 1 Tbs butter and once melty, add the mushrooms. Cook 2 minutes-3 minutes stirring a them few times.
- Push the mushrooms to the side. Add another 1 Tbs butter and add the onions in. Add a dash of salt & pepper to them. Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds stirring frequently. Immediatly add flour and stir frequently for 30 seconds.
- Pour in broth and heavy cream and A dash of salt and pepper. Simmer 2-3 minutes until it thickens. Add pork chops to skillet and stir them in to the sauce.
- Lower the heat and allow the pork chops to simmer 5-8 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!