Product links may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.Jump to Recipe
If you are not a meatloaf fan, I beg you to give this recipe a try. I bet I can change your mind. These mozzarella stuffed meat loaves are so decadent and delicious and are a fun take on a classic meal. Plus, this is a sheet pan meal, so you bake up the meatloaf along with some vegetables and potatoes. You make your full meal on just one baking sheet, making cleanup a breeze!
Ingredients for Mozzarella Stuffed Meatloaf
Often times, meatloaf has a million ingredients and weird things like oats. I’m keeping it simple but so delicious with this amazing cheesy meatloaf and veggies sheet pan meal.
- Red potatoes
- Frozen green beans (you could also use fresh, but do not use canned – they will get mushy)
- Olive oil (this is my favorite kind!)
- Salt and pepper
- Lean ground beef (do not use high fat ground beef, or your meat loaves will end up super greasy)
- Italian style breadcrumbs (you could also use plain breadcrumbs and adding a few shakes of Italian seasoning)
- Minced garlic
- Worcestershire sauce
- Yellow mustard
- Onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Mozzarella cheese (buy a block, or you could even use string cheese)
How to Make Mozzarella Stuffed Meatloaf
Sheet pan meals are seriously a life saver for me. I love to cook, but I do not love to clean up after I cook. I love to throw everything on a sheet pan, bake it all up, and then only have the sheet pan and maybe a bowl or two to clean up after.
- Make the vegetables. Coat the potatoes and green beans in olive oil and a dash of salt and pepper. Place the vegetables on the sheet pan and spread them out evenly. Set the pan aside.
- Make the meatloaf. To a large bowl, add all of the meatloaf ingredients except for the cheese. Only add in 2 tablespoons of the ketchup. Stir that all up with a spatula or your hands (I know some people hate raw meat but I just kind of deal with it haha).
- Stuff the meatloaf. Shape the meatloaf mixture into 4-6 small meatloaves then stuff them with some of the mozzarella cheese cubes, make sure the mozzarella isn’t sticking out of the meat. If you don’t cover the cheese with the meat it will spill out of the meatloaf into a sad and sticky cheesy puddle.
- Bake. Place the mini meatloaves on the sheet pan around the vegetables (you might have to move the veggies around a little bit ) and brush the remaining ketchup over the top of the loaves. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the mini meatloaves are cooked through (when the meatloaves reach an internal temperature of 160 F).
Favorite Sheet Pan Recipes
If you’re looking for more sheet pan meals, these are a few of my favorite!
Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Thighs and Potatoes
Cheddar Crusted Sheet Pan Pork Chops with Brussels Sprouts
I simply LOVE the checkered plate you use in this video but couldn’t find them on your amazon
This dinner was a hit with my husband and myself too 🙂 It was so easy to prepare. He thought I had really outdone myself. Highly recommend to anyone.
Soooo delicious. My husband especially loved this one. The only thing I did differently is mix some ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar like I do for my usual meat loaf recipe and brushed the mixture over each mini meatloaf instead of the ketchup. Thank you for the easy dinner ideas