Smothered Loaded BurritoCourse: MainCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
1 lb ground beef
1 white onion, diced
2 tbs taco seasoning
1/3 cup water
4-5 large burrito sized tortillas
8.8 oz bag ben’s original Spanish microwave rice, or any Spanish rice
16 oz can refried beans
1.5 cups colby jack cheese, shredded
10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- To a skillet on the stove over medium heat add the ground beef and onion break the beef up and cook it through. Remove any excess grease in the skillet add in the taco seasoning and water. Let simmer for 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Grease a large casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Microwave the Spanish rice according to package directions.
- To assemble the burritos fill each tortilla with 4 tbs of cheese, scoop of rice, scoop of refried beans, and a scoop of taco ground beef mixture, roll into a burrito and place in prepared baking dish.
- Brush the tops of the tortillas with olive oil bake for 25 minutes.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the top of the burritos and sprinkle with remaining cheese (about one cup) continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Top burritos with your favorite toppings, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole and enjoy!