Stuffed Spinach ShellsCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
14 Jumbo Shells
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Diced White Onion
2 Tsp Minced Garlic
4 Cups Fresh Spinach
1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tso dried basil
1/2 tsp dried Oregano
24oz Marinana Sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Boil the shells according to package instructions
- In a pan add the olive oil once it’s hot add the diced onion and saute for 3 minutes or until soft
- Add the minced garlic in stir around until fragrant (about 30 seconds)
- Add the fresh spinach and let it wilt down
- In a medium bowel add the onion and spinach mixture along with the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, salt and pepper, oregano, and basil stir to combine.
- Spray a 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray. Add half of the marinara sauce to the bottom of the pan and spread evenly.
- Stuff the shells with the spinach and cheese mixture (I like using a cookie scoop)
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce on top and bake for 20-30mins
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and parmesan cheese and enjoy!