Teriyaki ChickenCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
1.5 tbs canola oil
1 lb chicken thighs (boneless & skinless)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1/3 cup water
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tbs freshly minced ginger
cornstarch slurry: 2 tbs water + 2 tbs cornstarch mixed
- Brush the canola oil onto the chicken thighs
- Heat up a pan over high heat, once hot add in the chicken and cook about 5 minutes on each side. Turn off the heat.
- In another pot, add the remaining 6 ingredients and stir while bringing to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and let sit for another 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add in the cornstarch slurry to the sauce and combine until it thickens.
- Plate the chicken and pour the sauce over it.
- Goes well with white or brown rice or vegetables!