Black Eyed Peas & SpinachCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 yellow onion, diced
2 Tbs olive oil
(3) 15oz cans black eyed peas, drained
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups vegetable broth
4oz fresh spinach
- In a large pot or dutch oven, add the olive oil, and onion saute 3 – 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add the black eyed peas, oregano, paprika, cayenne, pepper, and broth and stir well.
- Bring to a low simmer and cover for 15 minutes. Smash some of the peas to thicken the broth a bit using a potato masher.
- Add in the spinach and once wilted, taste it. Add a dash more of salt and pepper if desired.
- Pairs well with rice, bread or a hot tortilla!