Cheesy Chicken Enchilada SoupCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 white onion diced
2 tbs olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1.5 tsp chili powder
1 tbs minced garlic
5 cups chicken broth
1 cup masa (harina de maiz)
2 cups water
1 can red enchilada sauce
3/4 pound of Velveeta cheese
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
Optional: Cheese avocado tortilla strips, tomatoes, jalapeños
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil followed by the diced onion.
- Add in the salt, cumin, chili powder, garlic and chicken broth.
- Prepare the masa by slowly pouring it into the two cups of water, whisking until smooth.
- Pour in the masa, enchilada sauce and velveeta cheese.
- Once at a boil, add in the cooked shredded chicken and white beans.
- Simmer for 30 minutes stirring frequently.
- Top with your favorite toppings!