Chicken & Asparagus with Parmesan OrzoCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 lb chicken breast
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
5 Tbs olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup asparagus, chopped to bite size
1 large onion, chopped
2 Tbs minced garlic
2 cups orzo, dry uncooked
2 cups half & half
3 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
2 Tbs parsley
- Season the chicken on both sides with the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Over medium heat in a large skillet heat 2 tbs of the olive oil add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until the chicken is completely cooked through. Remove the chicken to a separate plate and slice, cover with foil to keep warm and set aside.
- In the same skillet add 2 more tbs olive oil then add the asparagus saute for 3-5 minutes or until it softens and starts to brown. Remove to a separate plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet add 1 more tbs of olive oil then add the onion and garlic cook until the onion gets soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the orzo in and saute for 1 minute, to get it toasty a little. Add the half and half and chicken broth stir well. Bring to a boil then turn heat to low and let simmer covered (stirring frequently) for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid add the cooked asparagus, cooked chicken, and Parmesan cheese stir to melt the cheese down and Enjoy.