Product links may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.Jump to Recipe
Chicken Tortilla Casserole is a fun cross between chicken tortilla soup and enchiladas. It has those same yummy sauce-soaked tortillas, like enchiladas, but isn’t stuffed or rolled. Paired with chicken, cheese, tomatoes, corn, beans, and taco seasoning, Chicken Tortilla Casserole makes for a unique and delicious dish!
Chicken Tortilla Casserole Ingredients
- Shredded cooked chicken: You could use a rotisserie chicken, or cook chicken in the Instant Pot, on the stove, or in the oven and shred it up.
- Corn tortillas: If you’re not a huge fan of corn tortillas, please trust me on this one!
- Canned corn, canned beans, and chicken broth: Canned foods are my saving grace for dump and go casseroles!
- Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles: I love using diced tomatoes with added green chiles and spices because it adds so much flavor to any dish. I always have a few cans on hand in the pantry.
- Mexican-style cheese: Because who doesn’t love cheese? But if you want to make this dairy-free, you could leave out the cheese.
- Chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper: Yummy seasonings for lots of flavor.
- Toppings like sour cream, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocado
How to Make Chicken Enchilada Casserole
This dish is really simple to make. It’s basically a dump-and-go casserole, so all you have to do is combine the ingredients and pour them in a bowl. This is one the kids can join in and help with.
First, start by cutting the tortillas into small 2-inch-sized cubes. You could use a knife or kitchen shears.
Mix all the ingredients except 1 cup of cheese together in a large bowl and stir well.
Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and pour the casserole in. Spread it out and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
Cover with foil, and bake for 15 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve and top with your favorite taco toppings. You’re going to love this one!
More Mexican Casserole Recipes
If you’re a fan of Mexican food, I have tons of Mexican-inspired recipes on my blog.