Creamy Basil ChickenCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
1 lb chicken breast
1/2 white onion diced
1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes
1 1/4 cup chicken broth divided
1/2 cup parmigiana cheese
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs butter
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup heavy cream
- Place chicken in a plastic bag or covered in saran wrap, using a tenderizer or a rolling pin, pound the chicken till it’s flattened to about 1 inch. Add salt, pepper, and basil to season the chicken on both sides.
- Add oil to a frying pan over med-hi heat. Let the oil get hot and add the chicken in searing about 5 minutes per side. Set aside and keep warm.
- Lower heat to medium, add in the butter and the onion 3 – 4 minutes until soft. Add in the garlic and tomatoes and continue to saute for an additional minute.
- Using 1/4 cup chicken broth, deglaze the frying pan by scraping, and then add in the remaining broth. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes to reduce the liquid by about half. Now add in heavy cream and stir for 30 seconds. Slowly add in cheese whisking to achieve a smooth consistency. Add in basil.
- Place the chicken into the pan and cook an additional 6 – 8 minutes until chicken is completely heated through to 165℉.
- Serve hot and enjoy!