Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken & Coconut RiceCourse: Main, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1.5 lbs chicken tenderloins (sliced into 8 peices)
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbs ketchup
2 tbs brown sugar
3 tbs minced garlic
2 tbs canola oil
2 tbs honey
1 cup jasmine rice + 1/2 cup coconut water & 1/2 cup water and used “rice” setting on Instant Pot
- In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, pineapple juice, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic and canola oil. Pour into large sealable bag and add in the chicken. Marinate for at least 1 hour or longer.
- Heat and grease a cast iron grill pan or BBQ grill. Cook chicken about 4 -6 minutes per side or until completely cooked. Once finished, put honey on both sides of the chicken.
- Optional: Grill fresh or canned pineapple on the hot cast iron skillet.
- Cook rice according to package directions with half of the liquid coconut water.
I cooked mine with 1 cup jasmine rice + 1/2 cup coconut water & 1/2 cup water and used “rice” setting on Instant Pot.
- Serve the chicken on tp of the rice and enjoy!