Italian Sausage CasseroleCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 pound ground Italian sausage
2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked
1/2 lb white mushrooms, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
1 Tbs Italian Seasoning
1 Tbs garlic, minced
15oz can diced tomatoes
15oz can tomato sauce
2 C Italian cheese mix, shredded
1 1/2 C cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Begin cooking the pasta following the package instructions to “al dente”. Do not overcook.
- In a deeper pan, brown the sausage over med heat. Add in onion and mushroom until softened. Add in the garlic and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Pour in the diced and sauced tomatoes and Italian seasoning and once at a low simmer, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a greased 9 x 13 baking dish, add a layer of sauce then top with the cooked pasta. Add the Italian cheese over the pasta and cover with the rest of the sauce. Add a final layer of cheddar cheese.
- Place in the oven covered for 30 minutes, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm, enjoy!!