Lasagna SoupCourse: SOUPS + STEWSDifficulty: Easy
1 lb Italian sausage
1 tbs olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1 diced white onion
Pinch of crushed red pepper
2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
1 tsp dried basil
2 tbs tomato paste
1 24 oz jar of marinara sauce
7 cups of vegetable broth
9 lasagna noodles broken into smaller pieces
1 cup cottage cheese (or you can use ricotta cheese if you prefer that)
1/2 cup mozzarella
1/2 cup parmigiana
- In a large pot, heat up the oil then add the sausage, garlic and onion in.
- Cook the sausage completely through.
- Drain any excess grease, or try my paper towel method!
- Add the seasonings, tomato paste, marinara sauce, and broth bring the soup up to a boil.
- Once boiling add the broken lasagna noodles in and simmer for 10-13 mins or until the noodles are cooked.
- In a medium bowl add the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and parmigiana stir to combine.
- Place 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture into your bowl of soup and enjoy!