Lemon Chicken & OrzoCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
2 Tbs olive oil
1 pound chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
Dash of salt and pepper
1 bushel asparagus cut into inch pieces
1/2 white onion chopped
1 tbs italian seasoning
1 cup orzo
3 tsp minced garlic
2 1/4 cup chicken broth
3 cups spinach
2 tbs lemon juice
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat 1 tbs olive oil over med heat and add the chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook thoroughly and set aside.
- In the same pot, at the remaining olive oil with the diced onion and saute for 1 minute. Add orzo and garlic and continue to saute for additional minute.
- Pour in chicken broth and italian seasoning, bring to boil then let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus in, cover and let simmer additional 5 minutes.
- Add spinach, lemon and chicken and give a really good stir. Simmer until spinach wilts down.
- Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!