Pork Chops & Mushroom GravyCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
4 medium thick pork chops about 1 lb
8oz white mushrooms
1 tbs olive oil
2 tbs butter
2 tbs flour
1 1/2 cup broth (chicken or vegetable)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Sprinkle the seasonings on both sides of the pork chops.
- Thickly slice the mushrooms.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over med-high heat until hot and add the pork chops in.
- Cook on each side 5-6 minutes or until completely cooked (145℉).
- Turn the heat down to low, and remove the chops to a dish and keep warm.
- In the same pan, toss in the butter and let it melt, add in the mushrooms and cook with gentle stirring for about 3 minutes. Now add in the flour and continue to stir for 1 minute.
- Increase the heat to med and pour in the chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce while lightly scraping the pan. Once simmering, turn down heat to low and cover for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve pork chops over bed of rice or mashed potatoes and smother with the sauce. Enjoy!