Sesame Chicken & BroccoliCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 Tbs vegetable oil
1 pound boneless-skinless chicken thighs
1 stalk of broccoli florets
4 green onions, chopped
1 Tbs grated ginger
1 Tbs minced garlic
2 Tbs low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbs rice vinegar
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 Tbs oyster sauce
1 Tbs cornstarch
1/4 cup water
Serve over brown, white or cauliflower rice
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, mix together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce and cornstarch and set aside.
- Place a skillet or saucepan over high heat and add the vegetable oil. Once hot, add the chicken flipping it only a few times until golden brown. This may take 8 – 10 minutes.
- Toss in the green onions, broccoli, garlic and ginger and cook for an additional 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Pour the mix from STEP 1 over the top and give it a really good stir.
- Add the 1/4 cup of water and stir until the liquid has thickened, about 1 -2 minutes.
- Serve hot over your choice of rice!