Slow Cooker Honey Garlic ChickenCourse: MainCuisine: ChineseDifficulty: Easy
2 large chicken breasts
1 large white onion, diced
1 tbs minced garlic and ginger
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
3 tbs honey
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
Dash of crushed red pepper
1 tsp rice vinegar
- Cornstarch Slurry
1 tbs cornstarch and 1 tbs water, mixed
- In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce.
- In the slow cooker, add the chicken, onions and cover with the sauce.
- Cook on low for about 6 hours or until chicken completely cooked.
- After the 6 hours remove the chicken and shred it. To a saucepan over med heat, pour in the liquid from the slow cooker and add in the cornstarch slurry. Once combined, add the shredded chicken to the sauce pan and mix well.
- I like to serve over Jasmin rice!