Smoked Sausage & OrzoCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
12oz Italian style smoked chicken sausage
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs minsed garlic
1 cup orzo
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Slice the sausage into rounds.
- To a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat add the oil once the oil is hot add the sliced sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are a nice golden color.
- Add the minced garlic, orzo, salt, pepper, and chili flakes stir together and let cook for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the broth, stir everything together. Bring up to a simmer and let simmer covered for 10-12 minutes stirring frequently so the orzo doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the parmesan cheese stir to melt the cheese down and enjoy.