Smothered Pork ChopsCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
2 yellow onions cut into rings
1 tbs butter
1 tbs olive oil
1 1/4 cup of beef broth
4 medium thick pork chops
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper
2 1/2 tbs all purpose flour
5 slices provolone cheese
- In a large pan, melt butter and oil then add in the onions and cook for 5 mins.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of beef broth. Cook for an additional 12-15 mins or until golden brown.
- Set the onions to the side on a separate plate.
- Add the pork chops into the same pan and season on each side.
- Cook for 3-4 mins per side.
- Once completely cooked remove the pork chops to a separate plate.
- Add the onions back into the pan and add the flour and stir together until the flour is no longer white.
- Pour in the remaining cup of beef broth in and simmer until it thickens.
- Add the pork chops back in and cover with provolone cheese place the lid on top and let the cheese melt.
- Serve over some mashed potatoes!