Ham Rice Broccoli & Cheese SkilletCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 lb ham steak
1 tbs olive oil
1 cup rinsed jasmine rice – or long grain white rice
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
Dash of salt and pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
12 oz frozen broccoli florets – or fresh broccoli
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Dice your ham steak into smaller pieces.
- To a skillet over medium heat add the olive oil, once the oil is hot add the diced ham. Brown the ham for about two minutes on each side. Remove the ham to a separate plate and set aside.
- Add the rinsed rice to the same pan you cooked the ham in and saute while scraping the bits off the bottom of the pan for about two minutes.
- Now add in the chicken broth with the seasonings stir everything together. Bring this mixture up to a low simmer and simmer covered for about six minutes.
- After the six minutes stir the rice then add the broccoli on the rice. Place the lid back on and continue to simmer for an additional 7-10 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Add the ham back in along with the cheese. Stir everything to combine and let the cheese melt down. Enjoy.