Twice Baked Potato CasseroleCourse: Sides, DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
10 medium russet potatoes
1/2 lb bacon cut into smaller pieces
4 tbs sliced butter
3/4 cup sour cream
4 tbs cream cheese
5 sliced green onions
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel and diced the potatoes. In a pot of bowling water add the potatoes and boil until fork tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain the water from the potatoes.
- In a pan add the bacon cook until cooked through then remove the bacon to a separate plate lined with a paper towel.
- In a large bowl add the potatoes along with the sliced butter, sour cream, cream cheese, green onions (save some for on top), bacon (save some for on top), 1 cup of cheese, milk, salt, pepper, and thyme mix well with a potato masher or a electric mixer. Taste and add more milk if to dry and more seasoning if needed.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish add the potato mixture in and bake for 25-20 minutes or until the cheese is melty. I like to put the broiler on at the very end for 1-2 minutes.
- Enjoy this as a delicious side dish!