Product links may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.Jump to Recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu is an old-school recipe that tastes amazing but takes FOREVER to make. You have to pound the chicken thin, roll it up with ham and cheese, and dredge it in eggs and bread crumbs before cooking it in a deep fryer. I know some people love it, but that’s just too many steps. Enter Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole! It’s an easy layered casserole dish that gives you all the flavors of Chicken Cordon Bleu without all of the fuss.
Ingredients for Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- can cream of chicken OR mushroom soup
- lemon juice (optional)
- cooked shredded chicken
- sliced deli ham
- Swiss cheese
- box stovetop chicken stuffing mix
- butter, melted
How to Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
This recipe is so much simpler than making traditional Chicken Cordon Bleu and gives that same delicious ham and cheesy flavor.
Step 1: Combine the liquids in a small bowl (soup, water, and juice) and whisk.
Step 2: Next, layer the chicken in the bottom of a greased baking dish, followed by the ham, sliced cheese, soup mixture, and stuffing mix. Pour the melted butter on top of the stuffing.
Step 3: Lastly, cover and bake for 40 minutes, then discard the foil and bake for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
- If you don’t want to use canned soup in this recipe, you can make your own cream of chicken soup on the stovetop really easily. There are tons of how-tos online.
- You can double this recipe and bake it in two casserole dishes. I love to bake one in a disposable tin and bring it to a neighbor.
- Make a freezer meal. Make this dish and bake it as directed, then cover and freeze. When you want to eat it, just defrost and warm through in the oven.
- You can serve this as is or put it over rice to make it stretch even further. Plus who doesn’t love more carbs?