Ground Beef Stroganoff CasseroleCourse: MainCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp garlic, minced
3 Tbs butter
3 Tbs all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups beef broth
3/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup frozen peas
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
8oz egg noodles, dry
- Preheat oven to 375℉
- In a medium pot, cook the noodles according to package instructions to al dente.
- In a dutch oven or large pot, begin cooking the ground beef breaking it up as it cooks. After a few minutes, add in the the onions and cook the beef all the way through.
- Remove the excess grease and add in the garlic until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add in butter and once melted, pour in the flour and stir well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the broth, scraping the bits from the bottom of the pan ad then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer, and add in the sour cream, Worcestershire, peas and about half of the cheese. Give it a really good stir.
- Add in the cooked and drained noodles. Stir.
- Add to a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake covered for 15 and uncovered 5 – 8 minutes.