Product links may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is flavorful, juicy, and so incredibly simple to make. It only takes a few minutes of prep and five ingredients to make this unique and tasty meal. Throw it in the slow cooker or make it into a freezer meal for easy meal prep!
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
I’m almost positive that you already have everything that you need for this recipe in your pantry at home. For this recipe, all you’ll need is:
- chicken (You can use tenderloins, breasts, thighs, anything you want)
- soy sauce
- ketchup (might seem weird but it is a great base for this sauce)
- cooked rice, for serving
How to Make Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
You only need honey, garlic, ketchup, and soy sauce to make the most amazing sauce for this recipe. Combine them and pour the sauce over whatever cut of chicken you like best. Throw that all in the slow cooker, or freeze it for meal prep! If you make this in the slow cooker, you’ll need to cook it for at least 5 hours, and you’ll have a fantastic meal.
Serve this Honey Garlic Chicken over cooked rice with a side of steamed vegetables for a completely balanced meal. I like to serve this with peas, but broccoli and cauliflower would be great too. Enjoy!
Make A Freezer Meal
This meal works perfectly for a meal-prepped freezer meal. All you have to do is combine the ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, honey, and chicken in a freezer bag and store for up to three months. When you want to make this meal, thaw it overnight in the fridge, and in the morning place everything in the bag into the slow cooker and follow the cooking instructions outlined in the recipe. Serve with cooked rice!
- Use freezer gallon-sized bags. Normal bags tend to rip once frozen.
- Use bag holders to make it easier to fill the bags.
- If you don’t have bag holders, you can place the bag into a large drink pitcher to help hold the bag up.
- Write on the label what the recipe is, the date you prepared it, how long to cook it for, if you have to add any ingredients, and what to serve with the meal. This will keep you from pulling out a bag of mystery meat and having no idea what to do with it!
- For chicken recipes, place in the fridge overnight so it can thaw.
- If you cook from frozen, you can run the bag under hot water for a few seconds to loosen up the food so it is easy to pour out of the bag.
- Make sure you take the food out of the plastic bag before cooking! Didn’t think I needed to say that but I get asked all the time, haha.
- Freezer meals last for about 3 months in the freezer, so make sure you’re checking your dates.