Product links may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Juicy meatballs are cooked in a rich and creamy sauce and served over egg noodles for a comforting meal that everyone loves. Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs are one of my family’s favorite weeknight dinners! Make this for dinner tonight or prep it as a freezer meal for a busy day.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs
Most of the ingredients needed for this recipe are to make the sauce. It’s sooooo delicious and creamy and flavorful and just *chefs kiss*! SO good!
I like to take a shortcut when making this recipe and use frozen meatballs. Prep time is cut in half and honestly, they taste just as good (if not better) than homemade meatballs.
To make Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs, you’ll need:
- beef broth
- frozen meatballs
- can cream of mushroom soup
- packet brown gravy powder mix
- Worcestershire sauce
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- sour cream
- Cooked egg noodles, for serving
How to Make Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs
Making this is pretty simple! I’ll walk you through it so you know exactly what to do 🙂
Step 1: Make a slurry
Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl with a whisk.
Step 2: Slow cook
To a large slow cooker add the cornstarch slurry, beef broth, meatballs, cream of mushroom, brown gravy, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoning stir well. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
Step 3: Add in finishing ingredients
Turn off the slow cooker and add in the sour cream. Stir until it has melted completely.
Step 4: Serve
Serve over cooked egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or rice, and enjoy! You can serve this with a side of steamed vegetables to make a complete meal. We like to eat this with peas.
Make a Freezer Meal
This is one of my very favorite dishes to meal prep, because it always sounds good to me! I love going through my freezer and discovering I have a bag of these frozen. It seriously makes my day so much better knowing I get to eat this for dinner but I don’t have to prep it. SO, I highly suggest that you make this into a freezer meal!
Okay, to make this, add all of the ingredients except the broth, sour cream, and egg noodles to a freezer bag. Make sure to write on the bag to add the broth in once you put the food into the slow cooker (and to add sour cream in at the end and serve over egg noddles). Freeze for up to 3 months.
You can cook this meal from frozen, which is so awesome! Just add about 30 minutes to the cooking time and follow the normal cooking instructions below.
Here are a few of my favorite tips for making freezer meals:
- Use gallon-sized freezer bags. Normal bags tend to rip once frozen.
- Use bag holders to make it easier to fill the bags.
- If you don’t have bag holders, you can place the bag into a large drink pitcher to help hold the bag up.
- Write on the label what the recipe is, the date you prepared it, how long to cook it for, if you have to add any ingredients, and what to serve with the meal. This will keep you from pulling out a bag of mystery meat and having no idea what to do with it!
- Run the bag under hot water for a few seconds to loosen up the food so it is easy to pour out of the bag.
- Make sure you take the food out of the plastic bag before cooking! Didn’t think I needed to say that but I get asked all the time, haha.
- Freezer meals last for about 3 months in the freezer, so make sure you’re checking your dates.