This Copycat Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole is as easy as it gets! Five minutes of prep time and a few hours in the slow cooker yield an incredibly decadent and tasty breakfast casserole that is incredibly comforting and satisfying.
You don’t have to go out to get this incredible casserole. This copycat recipe is just as good (maybe even better!) as the original. Plus, it’s simple and incredibly inexpensive to make. In this version, I use my trusty slow cooker so I don’t have to worry about heating my oven or fiddling with bake times. I just pop all the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it do its thing for a few hours.
Ingredients for Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole
This recipe is full of all of my favorite things: butter, potatoes, and cheese! The sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and cheddar cheese create a luscious sauce that envelopes the shredded potatoes and diced ham. It’s kind of the best thing you’ll ever eat for breakfast.
- melted butter
- all-purpose flour
- cream of chicken soup
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- diced ham
- frozen hash browns
How to Make Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole
Like I mentioned before, this recipe is so simple to make. I’ve seen versions online that are oven baked, but I really prefer to make it in the slow cooker. That way I can prep it ahead of time and forget about it until it’s time to eat.
To make this casserole, all you have to do is follow a couple of simple steps:
- Mix the butter and flour together in a small bowl.
- Mix all the other ingredients together in a large bowl and dump into a greased slow cooker.
- Drizzle the buter/flour mixture over the top of the mixture.
- Top with more cheese, if you desire (why wouldn’t you?)
- Cook! Sometimes I make this overnight. Most slow cookers will keep things warm for a couple hours after they’re done cooking, so you can set your timer and have warm food ready whenever you wake up.
More Breakfast Casserole Recipes
So you’re into breakfast casseroles, huh? Well, you’re in luck because I have a bunch of amazing breakfast casserole recipes that are calling your name.