Product links may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Taco-seasoned ground beef, crisp fresh veggies, pasta, and cheesy, spicy Doritos come together to make the most flavorful and delicious Doritos Taco Pasta Salad. This pasta salad is so addicting and is perfect to serve as a main dish, but also a fun side to bring to a potluck or cookout.
Ingredients for Doritos Taco Pasta Salad
- rotini pasta: any shape will do, but I like rotini because all of the yummy dressing gets stuck in the ridges and it’s so flavorful
- ground beef: ground turkey or ground chicken will work as well
- taco seasoning: buy the packets or make it yourself
- Roma tomatoes, green onions, avocado: perfect taco toppings
- iceberg lettuce: use any kind of green you like if you don’t like iceberg lettuce
- canned corn and canned beans: I always have them on hand and love to throw them into taco salad
- crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos: I like the Nacho Cheese kind but you could try Cool Ranch, or your favorite flavor
- bottled Creamy French dressing: I use Kraft brand
How to Make Taco Pasta Salad
Making this taco pasta salad isn’t hard, but does require a couple of steps to put everything together.
First, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta in a strainer and then rinse it with cold water. This will help the pasta stop cooking and help it cool down faster.
Meanwhile, cook the ground beef thoroughly, breaking it up as it cooks. Once it’s cooked through, remove any excess grease from the pan, then add the taco seasoning and water. Let that cook for a few minutes and then let it cool down completely.
Chop up all the veggies. I like using this avocado slicer to easily scoop out the avocado slices. Add all the chopped veggies to a large salad bowl (try this beautiful acacia bowl), along with the cooled ground beef, cooled cooked pasta, beans, cheese, and dressing. Mix well and serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve. If you’re going to serve it later, I would recommend not adding the Doritos or dressing. Add those just before you’re about to serve.
Chop the tomatoes, green onions, iceberg lettuce, and avocado. Add the cooled pasta, cooled ground beef, chopped vegetables, corn, beans, Doritos, and French dressing to a large bowl. Mix well and serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.