An unexpected combination of flavors, this Italian Ranch Pasta Salad is so tasty. Make this for your next neighborhood BBQ! Bacon, pepperoni, and an Italian-seasoned creamy ranch make this pasta salad irresistible.
Ingredients for Italian Ranch Pasta Salad
- Rotini pasta: Penne, shells, or bowtie would work great too.
- Bacon and mini pepperoni: The combination of bacon and pepperoni is just so delicious!
- English cucumber and cherry tomatoes: You can swap out any veggies for your favorites, but I like classic cucumber and tomatoes.
- Cheddar cheese: Chop a big block of cheddar into small cubes. I wouldn’t recommend using shredded cheese as it will get smooshed with the rest of the ingredients.
- Mayonnaise, ranch seasoning, and Italian dressing: These flavors work together so well! Use your favorite brand of prepared Italian dressing.
How to Make Italian Ranch Pasta Salad
Making pasta salad is simple, but there are a couple of things you can do to speed up the process.
First boil your pasta according to the package instructions, once it’s done, rinse the pasta under cold water to help it cool down faster. I like to use this over the sink strainer to easily rinse it. The cold water will help the pasta cool down more quickly so I don’t have to chill it in the fridge for hours before I want to serve it.
Next, fry up the bacon and chop the ingredients.
Then, whisk the dressing ingredients together. You can do this in a separate bowl or the bottom of a large bowl. Add the cooled pasta along with the other ingredients and mix everything up together.
Store this pasta salad in the fridge if you’re not serving it immediately. During the summer, pasta salad can spoil pretty quickly without even realizing it, especially if it has dairy and other perishable ingredients in it!
More Pasta Salad Recipes
If you’re a pasta salad fanatic like me, you’ve come to the right place! I have so many delicious pasta salad recipes on my blog.